Know Before You Go
Address add remove
Directions add remove
Tampa Theatre is located on Franklin Street between Zack and Polk streets
- I-275 South: take Exit 45A onto Ashley Drive and turn left onto Zack Street
- State Road 60 East (Courtney Campbell Causeway): take I-275 North into Tampa
- I-275 North (St. Pete): take Exit 44 onto Ashley Drive and turn left onto Zack Street
- I-75 North (Sarasota): take the Crosstown Expressway West into downtown
- Crosstown: take the Kennedy Blvd. Exit #8, turn right onto Ashley, then left onto Zack Street
Parking add remove
On-Street Metered Spaces
Metered spaces in the vicinity of Tampa Theatre (north of Kennedy Blvd.) are free after 6pm Monday-Friday and all day Saturday & Sunday. Before 6pm Monday-Friday, metered spaces have a two-hour time limit (four hours for disabled patrons) and can be paid by cash, debit or credit card at the pay stations or through the Parkmobile app, available at www.parkmobile.com.
City of Tampa Parking Garages
The closest public parking garage is the William F. Poe Garage, located about three blocks west of Tampa Theatre at 800 N. Ashley Drive between Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and the John F. Germany Public Library. Hourly parking rates start at $1.20.
Visit TampaGov.net/Parking for more information about metered spots and city-owned garages.
Privately Owned Parking Lots
There is a parking lot immediately adjacent to the Tampa Theatre and one on the block southwest of the Theatre (between Zack and Twiggs), both operated by 717 Parking Enterprises. These lots are NOT owned or managed by Tampa Theatre, and patrons are advised to read carefully all posted regulations and pay at the automated station as instructed to avoid ticketing and towing.
You can avoid the long lines at the parking kiosks and pay for your parking online with the 717 Parking app, available at 717parking.com/find-reserve-buy-parking
Accessibility add remove
Tampa Theatre’s lobby and auditorium’s orchestra level are fully accessible for patrons with mobility issues:
- Wheelchair spaces and companion seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis for all general-admission films and live events.
- For reserved-seating events, please call the Box Office at (813) 274-8286 if you need assistance in choosing your seats.
- Many aisle seats are equipped with swing-away armrests to facilitate transfer from a wheelchair, and are marked with the International Symbol of Access. Please ask any Tampa Theatre employee if you need assistance in locating or operating those armrests.
- Accessible/companion restrooms are located in the rear of the auditorium on the orchestra level.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tampa Theatre does not have an elevator. The mezzanine and balcony levels are only accessible by stairs.
For our patrons with vision or hearing impairments:
- Assistive listening devices are available for all film screenings
- Audio description and closed-captioning devices are available for any film encoded with captions and audio narrative capacities
- Devices are available at the concessionss stand
- Thank you to an anonymous donor and the Florida Medical Clinic Foundation of Caring for the generous gifts that helped Tampa Theatre acquire this technology!
Where To Sit add remove
Thanks to Tampa Theatre’s recent reseating – its first in 40 years – ALL of the majestic movie palace’s 1,200+ seats are cushy, comfortable and (for the first time ever) equipped with cupholders. But depending on your unique seating needs, there may be some seats you’ll find more appropriate than others:
LONG LEGS: Seating on the orchestra (first-floor) level was recently expanded to include an additional six inches of leg room per row, whereas the mezzanine and balcony levels maintain their somewhat snug 1926 spacing.
LOTS OF SNACKS: Seats in the mezzanine section (the front part of the balcony) are now equipped with small bistro tables between every other seat with plenty of space to park your popcorn and tuck your Twizzlers. During select, reserved-seating live events, these seats even feature table service from the bar!
FAMILY FRIENDLY: One of the new seating options added during the recent restoration are two plush banquettes mid-way up the balcony. Each of the couch-like benches spans an entire row, and a center divider marks what is inteded to be seating for four adults. It’s the perfect spot for families with young kids who might want to stretch out and take a snooze while the grown-ups enjoy the rest of the movie. (Note: the banquettes are available on a first-come, first-served basis for general admission events, and must be purchased in blocks of four for reserved-seating events.)
DATE NIGHT: The back rows of the balcony have been the setting for stolen kisses and snuggling under the stars for more than 90 years. Just keep it PG, please…
Concessions add remove
Tampa Theatre’s concessions stand offers a wide variety of movie snacks and a full bar, including:
- The best popcorn you’ll ever have (no, seriously)
- Movie-sized candy
- Cookies and brownies from a local bakery
- Salami and cheese trays
- Coca-Cola products
- Coffee and hot tea
- Bottled water
- Draft and bottled beer
- Wine by the glass
- Single-mixer and signature cocktails
Downtown Dining Options add remove
CLICK HERE for the Tampa Downtown Partnership’s dining guide, which includes eateries in downtown Tampa and nearby Channelside and Harbor Island. Locally owned restaurants within walking distance of Tampa Theatre include:
Anise Global Gastrobar – (813) 225-4272
Bamboozle Café – (813) 223-7320
Bavaro’s Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria – (813) 868-4440
Bizou Brasserie (inside Le Meridien Hotel) – (813) 227-9555
Show your ticket stub for any Tampa Theatre movie and receive a FREE dessert with any lunch or dinner entrée purchase at Bizou!
CW’s Gin Joint – (813) 816-1446
Dough Nation – (813) 227-9248
Duckweed Urban Market – (813) 221-3825
Eddie & Sam’s NY Pizza – (813) 463-1600
Fly Bar & Restaurant – (813) 275-5000
Four Green Fields – (813) 254-4444
Jerk Hut Downtown Café – (813) 223-5375
Kahwa Coffee Espresso Bar – 813-228-7900
Malio’s Prime Steak House – (813) 223-7746
Moxie’s Café – (813) 221-4510
Paninoteca Mediterranean Café – (813) 341-2525
Rivers Edge – (813) 223-2222
Samaria Café – (813) 223-1674
Sono Café at the Tampa Museum of Art – (813) 421-8367
Si-Am Thai – (813) 229-9710
Spain Restaurant & Toma Bar – (813) 223-2831
Taco Bus – (813) 397-2800
Tampa Pizza Company – (813) 463-1600
TAPS Wine & Beer Merchants – (813) 463-1968
Urban Cantina – (813) 221-8226
Vale Food Co. – (813) 374-1370
Please also consider the locally-owned, independent restaurants & breweries that participate in our major fundraisers, Winefest and Beerfest. And please thank the owners, manager and staff for supporting Tampa Theatre!
7venth Sun Brewing – (727) 733-3013
Café Hey – (813) 221-5150
Cask Social Kitchen – (813) 251-0051
Cigar City Brewing – (813) 348-6363
Coppertail Brewing – (813) 247-1500
Crooked Thumb Brewery – (727) 724-5953
Cru Cellars – (813) 831-1117
District Tavern – (813) 252-3444
Ella’s Folk Art Café – (813) 234-1000
Escape Brewing — (727) 807-6092
Florida Avenue Brewing Co. – (813) 990-7310
Funky Buddha Brewery – (954) 440-0046
Green Bench Brewing – (727) 800-9836
Haven – (813) 258-2233
Hidden Springs Ale Works – (813) 226-2739
Ichicoro Ramen – (813) 517-9989
The Independent Bar & Cafe – (813) 341-4883
Jug & Bottle Dept. – (813) 675-4522
Mise en Place – (813) 254-5373
Motorworks Brewing – (941) 567.6218
New World Brewery – (813) 248-4969
O Cocina & Flights – (813) 289-0649
Oxford Exchange – (813) 253-0222
Pane Rustica – (813) 902-8828
Poké Rose at The Hall on Franklin – (813) 405-4008
The Refinery – (813) 237-2000
Rooster & the Till – (813) 374-8940
Roux – (813) 443-5255
Six Ten Brewing – (813) 886-0610
The Refinery – (813) 234-3710
Ulele – (813) 999.4952
Viktoria Richards Chocolates – (727) 505-6567
Yeoman’s Cask & Lion – (813) 224-9367
Downtown Hotels add remove
Tampa Theatre patrons can take advantage of special discounted rates with our partner hotels (based on availability):
You can call our partner hotels and request the Tampa Theatre rate, or book discounted rooms online at:
For nearby hotel locations and reservations, please visit HotelsCombined.com