Resumes will not be reviewed or considered, unless accompanied by a Tampa Theatre Application and Availability sheet. (See bottom of page)
Posting Close Date: 12/8/17
General description of responsibilities: General description of responsibilities: The Head of Housekeeping is responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of the facility for the enjoyment of our audiences. This is both a supervisor and a hands-on job requiring supervisory skills, knowledge of custodial processes and equipment, and a willingness to take ownership and responsibility for the Theatre’s appearance and readiness for audiences. The Head of Housekeeping will also be responsible for making minor repairs to equipment, furnishings, seats and other fixtures. This role is also responsible for all events set-up; including tables, chairs, furniture, linens, etc.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Supervisory experience running labor crews
- Solid communication skills
- Write and speak English fluently
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to climb stairs
- Comfortable standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to write and speak English fluently
- Experience with ordering supplies and managing supply inventories
- Basic computer skills, ability to work with Microsoft Outlook (main communication channel is email)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a customer-centered environment
- Ability to consistently display a positive, friendly, and energetic attitude and appearance
- Must be available evenings, weekends and holidays
- Experience with floor care process and equipment
Additional preferred (but not essential) qualifications: Background in a similar position, trades experience in electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC; write and speak Spanish.
Job Duties: (This is not a comprehensive list of all duties.)
- Work hands-on with Part-Time staff in all duties.
- Recruit, train, motivate and supervise part-time custodial crew members.
- Ensure that the facility is cleaned and prepared prior to doors opening for events; ensure clean up immediately after the events conclude. Ensure that all offices, dressing rooms, the Green Room and other support spaces are regularly cleaned.
- Maintain the highest degree of restroom and food service area cleanliness.
- Maintain cleanliness during high attendance events.
- Maintain part-time staff schedules as needed consistent with the needs of the facility and the need to budget time and labor costs within budget parameters.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment is properly maintained and repaired.
- Develop and implement a “deep cleaning” program to improve the Theatre’s overall cleanliness, beyond event clean up.
- Manage custodial supply inventory, ensuring adequate supplies to service the anticipated usage / attendance of the facility.
- Frequently inspect and re-lamp lighting house, lobby, aisle lighting and office lighting fixtures. (Stage lighting and specialty fixtures to be maintained by others).
- At the direction and request of event / house managers, set up tables and chairs throughout the facility in advance to meet the needs of events.
- Repair and maintain, as possible, auditorium seats and report any serious seating issues to management immediately.
- Perform minor repairs on Tampa Theatre fixtures and furnishings.
- Enforce house safety policies with the custodial staff.
- Respond quickly to requests from management regarding items and issues that need immediate attention.
- Ensure Theatre policies regarding lost and found items are followed.
- Other duties as assigned by Theatre Management.
Reports to: Anthony J Gonzalez (Senior House Manager)
This position has a starting salary of $30,000. The employee will work 40 hours a week on a schedule, which involves routine overnight hours and weekends. The exact schedule from week to week will vary depending on the Theatre’s event schedule and will be assigned by Theatre Management. Benefits include medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, and eligibility to participate in the Tampa Theatre 401K retirement plan.
If interested, fill out and submit an application and applicant availability sheet at the Tampa Theatre Box Office, located at 711 N. Franklin Street, Tampa, FL 33602, or submit via email to Human Resources (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tampa Theatre’s policies and practices are consistent with all federal and state legislation. We take steps to promote equal opportunity in all aspects of employment for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, or veteran status.
Resumes will not be reviewed or considered, unless accompanied by a Tampa Theatre application and availability sheet.