From our Director of Development
Thank you for considering supporting our majestic movie palace, Tampa Theatre! It is a privilege each and every day to help make this beautiful Theatre a living, breathing piece of history for Tampa residents and visitors. As a nonprofit, we bring in about 60% of our annual operating budget from ticket sales, concessions sales, and rental events leaving us with about 40% to raise from the community. We are able to serve Tampa Bay because of the generosity of our members, sponsors, grantors, and special event attendees, so I would like to extend a special thank you to those people (you know who you are J) who support our events year after year. Your support is vital to continue to serve the 100,000 guests we educate and inspire each time we open our doors (which is about 600 times a year).
Please click below for more information about all of the ways that you or your company can help keep Tampa Theatre a magical destination for years to come. We truly appreciate your consideration and hope to see you at the Theatre soon!
In your service,
P.S. Feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-274-8680.
As one of the most aggressively scheduled historic theaters in the nation, Tampa Theatre hosts more than 600 show times each year, including 500 screenings of first-run contemporary films, scores of school field trips and educational programs, dozens of classic movies and several “free and open to the public” community events. This past year, 140,000 patrons attended Theatre programs, and 30,000 of those were school children – many of whom were experiencing the grandeur of Tampa’s majestic movie palace for the first time.
But as successful as our box office is, earned income still only generates about 65% of our operating budget. The Theatre’s continued success would not be possible without the generosity of individuals who recognize its value to our community. We are genuinely grateful for your support.
Corporate opportunities are available for year-round support of Tampa Theatre’s efforts, for specific programs and initiatives, and for sponsorship of the Theatre’s signature annual fundraising events.
Partnering with Tampa Theatre helps support our goals for programming and maintenance of our historic building, and establishes your association with a symbol of stability, community and time-honored tradition in the Tampa Bay area. In addition, your investment yields a range of marketing benefits, and packages can be tailored to fit your company’s specific needs.
Leave a Legacy
Since 1926, Tampa Theatre has invited friends and neighbors to escape into the magic of motion pictures – to seek adventure, find romance and ride off into the sunset before returning to the world beyond the end of the credits. But with each passing decade, Tampa Theatre’s magic has transcended the big screen to settle over the very building itself, dusting each statue, each tapestry, each Spanish-tiled rooftop with a patina of historic prestige, educational value and artistic worth.
And as each new generation discovers this gem, this charming landmark nestled among the modernity of downtown Tampa, so too do they discover new reasons to protect and cherish the magnificent movie palace – grateful to those who have sustained it thus far and making an unspoken promise to those who will fall in love under Tampa Theatre’s twinkling stars years and years from now.
Restoration & Seat Campaign
In planning a comprehensive restoration of Tampa Theatre, the Board of Directors has identified the 90-year-old movie palace’s most critical needs that will protect the building and improve your comfort and experience. The total cost to fully restore the Theatre is estimated to be $12 million, with $6 million identified as urgently needed improvements. We have raised $4.1 million towards that $6 million phase-one goal, which will address critical infrastructure projects, reseat the auditorium and complete the first stages of decorative restoration.
We invite you to take part in the campaign to restore Tampa Theatre. Your gift will ensure that critical infrastructure and renovation projects are completed in 2017, as well as improve your patron experience with new auditorium seats, new concessions counters and bars, and a beautifully restored lobby.