Know Before You Go
Coronavirus Preparedness add remove
Tampa Theatre wants you to know that the safety of our patrons, special guests, and team members is of paramount importance to us—especially during this period as we monitor information regarding the ongoing coronavirus and its impact. We will continue to monitor and evaluate our procedures according to the guidance of local and national public health officials and the City of Tampa.
What is Tampa Theatre doing to minimize risk?
In addition to communicating best health and safety practices to our guests and staff, Tampa Theatre has implemented enhanced environmental cleaning throughout our venues and offices. This includes:
- Limiting attendance to 400 patrons distanced across the Theatre’s 1,200+ seats
- Sanitization of seats and restrooms in between shows
- Additional, ongoing cleaning of all frequently touched countertops, handrails, doorknobs, and armrests
- Availability of sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer at the back of the auditorium for patron use
How can I best ensure my safety and that of others at Tampa Theatre?
To further minimize risks for everyone, we ask that you please be mindful of the following advice from the CDC:
- Do not attend if you are not feeling well and/or are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- If you are not yet fully vaccinated, wear an appropriate, multi-layer mask over your nose and mouth at all times while in Tampa Theatre, removing it only to eat and drink at your seat
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands regularly
- Feel free to ask any questions or express your concerns to staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU PREFER A TOUCHLESS, CASH-FREE EXPERIENCE: Tickets may be purchased online and scanned on your phone, and concessions may be purchased through the Noble Concessions App. For details, CLICK HERE
Directions add remove
Tampa Theatre is located on Franklin Street between Zack and Polk streets
- I-275 South: take Exit 45A onto Ashley Drive and turn left onto Zack Street
- State Road 60 East (Courtney Campbell Causeway): take I-275 North into Tampa
- I-275 North (St. Pete): take Exit 44 onto Ashley Drive and turn left onto Zack Street
- I-75 North (Sarasota): take the Crosstown Expressway West into downtown
- Crosstown: take the Kennedy Blvd. Exit #8, turn right onto Ashley, then left onto Zack Street
Parking add remove
On-Street Metered Spaces
Metered spaces in the vicinity of Tampa Theatre are available for a nominal hourly rate, and are enforced from 8:00am to midnight, seven days a week. Parking fees can be paid by cash, debit or credit card at the sidewalk pay stations or through the Parkmobile app, available at www.parkmobile.com.
City of Tampa Parking Garages
The closest public parking garage is the William F. Poe Garage, located about three blocks west of Tampa Theatre at 800 N. Ashley Drive between Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and the John F. Germany Public Library. Hourly parking rates start at $1, with a daily maximum of $9.
Visit TampaGov.net/Parking for more information about metered spots and city-owned garages.
Privately Owned Parking Lots
There is a parking lot immediately adjacent to the Tampa Theatre and one on the block southwest of the Theatre (between Zack and Twiggs), both operated by 717 Parking Enterprises. These lots are NOT owned or managed by Tampa Theatre, and patrons are advised to read carefully all posted regulations and pay at the automated station as instructed to avoid ticketing and towing.
You can avoid the long lines at the parking kiosks and pay for your parking online with the 717 Parking app, available at 717parking.com/find-reserve-buy-parking
Accessibility add remove
Tampa Theatre’s lobby and auditorium’s orchestra level are fully accessible for patrons with mobility issues:
- Wheelchair spaces and companion seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis for all general-admission films and live events.
- For reserved-seating events, please call the Box Office at (813) 274-8286 if you need assistance in choosing your seats.
- Many aisle seats are equipped with swing-away armrests to facilitate transfer from a wheelchair, and are marked with the International Symbol of Access. Please ask any Tampa Theatre employee if you need assistance in locating or operating those armrests.
- Accessible/companion restrooms are located in the rear of the auditorium on the orchestra level.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tampa Theatre does not have an elevator. The mezzanine and balcony levels are only accessible by stairs.
For our patrons with vision or hearing impairments:
- Assistive listening devices are available for all film screenings
- Audio description and closed-captioning devices are available for any film encoded with captions and audio narrative capacities
- Devices are available at the concessionss stand
- Thank you to an anonymous donor and the Florida Medical Clinic Foundation of Caring for the generous gifts that helped Tampa Theatre acquire this technology!
Box Office Hours add remove
The Franklin Street Box Office is open from 10:00-6:00pm Monday-Friday, and starting when doors open before the first show time until a half-hour after the last show time evenings and weekends. Film and event tickets may also be purchased online.
24 Hour Information Hotline
Ticketing and Admissions Policies add remove
All sales are final. However, requests for cancellations, changes or refunds due to illness, quarantine, or exposure to coronavirus will be considered for the time being.
In the event that a performance is either cancelled or postponed, Tampa Theatre will make every effort to contact every patron via e-mail, time permitting. While Tampa Theatre regrets the inconvenience caused by these circumstances, Tampa Theatre cannot be held responsible for any cost or damage such postponement or cancellation may incur. Refunds on tickets purchased are made for a cancelled or postponed event only. In all instances when a ticket is refunded, only the cost of the ticket is refunded. Similarly, the conduct of events and performances for tickets purchased is the sole responsibility of the events’ organizers and venue operators, Tampa Theatre cannot be held responsible or liable for injuries, loss or damages incurred by patrons while attending these events.
If you opt for your tickets to be mailed, they will be sent out 30 days before the show date. If you do not receive them, please contact Tampa Theatre – no later than by 5pm on the day of for a weekday performance or 4pm on a Saturday for a Saturday or Sunday performance to insure proper Tampa Theatre attention.
If your tickets are to be “held at will call”, they will be at the venue box office at the time of performance. The box office is open from 10am until 30 min. after the last show of the day begins on weekdays, and from 30 minutes before the first show of the day until 30 minutes after the last show begins on weekends. It would be helpful if you can arrive early to allow for parking and to avoid the last minute rush. To pick up will-call tickets, you must bring a photo ID. If you wish for your tickets to be held for someone else, please either contact the box office in advance of the event, or instruct them to bring a photocopy of your photo ID.
All patrons purchasing tickets from Tampa Theatre must do so in the light of the above terms and limitations.
In accordance with Florida state law, weapons of any kind (including but not limited to firearms, knives of any size, explosives, and pepper spray or mace containers) are prohibited at Tampa Theatre. Please be aware that all persons entering the venue and their belongings are subject to search, including bag check and metal detectors.
Where To Sit add remove
Thanks to Tampa Theatre’s recent reseating – its first in 40 years – ALL of the majestic movie palace’s 1,200+ seats are cushy, comfortable and (for the first time ever) equipped with cupholders. But depending on your unique seating needs, there may be some seats you’ll find more appropriate than others:
LONG LEGS: Seating on the orchestra (first-floor) level was recently expanded to include an additional six inches of leg room per row, whereas the mezzanine and balcony levels maintain their somewhat snug 1926 spacing.
LOTS OF SNACKS: Seats in the mezzanine section (the front part of the balcony) are now equipped with small bistro tables between every other seat with plenty of space to park your popcorn and tuck your Twizzlers. During select, reserved-seating live events, these seats even feature table service from the bar!
FAMILY FRIENDLY: One of the new seating options added during the recent restoration are two plush banquettes mid-way up the balcony. Each of the couch-like benches spans an entire row, and a center divider marks what is inteded to be seating for four adults. It’s the perfect spot for families with young kids who might want to stretch out and take a snooze while the grown-ups enjoy the rest of the movie. (Note: the banquettes are available on a first-come, first-served basis for general admission events, and must be purchased in blocks of four for reserved-seating events.)
DATE NIGHT: The back rows of the balcony have been the setting for stolen kisses and snuggling under the stars for more than 90 years. Just keep it PG, please…
Concessions add remove
Tampa Theatre’s concessions stand offers a wide variety of movie snacks and a full bar, including:
- The best popcorn you’ll ever have (no, seriously)
- Movie-sized candy
- Cookies and brownies from a local bakery
- Salami and cheese trays
- Coca-Cola products
- Coffee and hot tea
- Bottled water
- Draft and bottled beer
- Wine by the glass
- Single-mixer and signature cocktails
Downtown Dining Options add remove
CLICK HERE for the Tampa Downtown Partnership’s dining guide, which includes eateries in downtown Tampa and nearby Channelside and Harbor Island. Locally owned restaurants within walking distance of Tampa Theatre include:
Bamboozle Café – (813) 223-7320
Bavaro’s Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria – (813) 868-4440
Bizou Brasserie (inside Le Meridien Hotel) – (813) 227-9555
CW’s Gin Joint – (813) 816-1446
Duckweed Urban Market – (813) 221-3825
Eddie & Sam’s NY Pizza – (813) 463-1600
Four Green Fields – (813) 254-4444
Kahwa Coffee Espresso Bar – 813-228-7900
Malio’s Prime Steak House – (813) 223-7746
Moxie’s Café – (813) 221-4510
Dio Modern Mediterranean – ((813) 398-4000
Rivers Edge – (813) 223-2222
Samaria Café – (813) 223-1674
Si-Am Thai – (813) 229-9710
SoFresh – (813) 999-1911
Spain Restaurant & Toma Bar – (813) 223-2831
Taco Bus – (813) 397-2800
Tampa Pizza Company – (813) 463-1600
TAPS Wine & Beer Merchants – (813) 463-1968
Urban Cantina – (813) 221-8226
Vale Food Co. – (813) 374-1370
Please also consider the locally-owned, independent restaurants & breweries that participate in our major fundraisers, Winefest and Beerfest. And please thank the owners, manager and staff for supporting Tampa Theatre!
7venth Sun Brewing – (813) 231-5900
Ava – (813) 512-3030
Café Hey – (813) 221-5150
Cask Social Kitchen – (813) 251-0051
Cigar City Brewing – (813) 348-6363
Coppertail Brewing – (813) 247-1500
Crooked Thumb Brewery – (727) 724-5953
Cru Cellars – (813) 831-1117
District Tavern – (813) 252-3444
Ella’s Folk Art Café – (813) 234-1000
Escape Brewing — (727) 807-6092
Florida Avenue Brewing Co. – (813) 990-7310
Funky Buddha Brewery – (954) 440-0046
Green Bench Brewing – (727) 800-9836
Haven – (813) 258-2233
Hidden Springs Ale Works – (813) 226-2739
Ichicoro Ramen – (813) 517-9989
The Independent Bar & Cafe – (813) 341-4883
Jug & Bottle Dept. – (813) 675-4522
Mise en Place – (813) 254-5373
Motorworks Brewing – (941) 567.6218
New World Brewery – (813) 248-4969
O Cocina & Flights – (813) 289-0649
Oxford Exchange – (813) 253-0222
Pane Rustica – (813) 902-8828
Rooster & the Till – (813) 374-8940
Six Ten Brewing – (813) 886-0610
Ulele – (813) 999.4952
Viktoria Richards Chocolates – (727) 505-6567
Yeoman’s Cask & Lion – (813) 224-9367
Downtown Hotels add remove
Tampa Theatre patrons can take advantage of special discounted rates with our partner hotels (based on availability):
You can call our partner hotels and request the Tampa Theatre rate, or book discounted rooms online at:
- Aloft Tampa Downtown Hotel
- Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk
- Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown
- Hilton Tampa Downtown
For nearby hotel locations and reservations, please visit HotelsCombined.com