Know Before You Go
Directions add remove
Tampa Theatre is located on Franklin Street between Zack and Polk streets
- I-275 South: take Exit 45A onto Ashley Drive and turn left onto Zack Street
- State Road 60 East (Courtney Campbell Causeway): take I-275 North into Tampa
- I-275 North (St. Pete): take Exit 44 onto Ashley Drive and turn left onto Zack Street
- I-75 North (Sarasota): take the Crosstown Expressway West into downtown
- Crosstown: take the Kennedy Blvd. Exit #8, turn right onto Ashley, then left onto Zack Street
Parking add remove
On-Street Metered Spaces
Metered spaces in the vicinity of Tampa Theatre are available for a nominal hourly rate, and are enforced from 8:00am to midnight, seven days a week. Parking fees can be paid by cash, debit or credit card at the sidewalk pay stations or through the Parkmobile app, available at www.parkmobile.com.
Vehicles displaying a valid disabled permit or license plate are permitted to park for up to 4 hours at no charge. Disabled patrons still need to visit one of the Pay Stations to enter their space number, choose “pay for parking,” and then select the “disabled parking” option.
City of Tampa Parking Garages
The closest public parking garage is the William F. Poe Garage, located about three blocks west of Tampa Theatre at 800 N. Ashley Drive between Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and the John F. Germany Public Library. Hourly parking rates start at $1, with a daily maximum of $9.
Visit TampaGov.net/Parking for more information about metered spots and city-owned garages.
Privately Owned Parking Lots
There is a parking lot immediately adjacent to the Tampa Theatre and one on the block southwest of the Theatre (between Zack and Twiggs), both operated by 717 Parking Enterprises. These lots are NOT owned or managed by Tampa Theatre, and patrons are advised to read carefully all posted regulations and pay at the automated station as instructed to avoid ticketing and towing.
You can avoid the long lines at the parking kiosks and pay for your parking through the Parkmobile app or with the 717 Parking app, available at 717parking.com/find-reserve-buy-parking
Accessibility add remove
Tampa Theatre’s lobby and auditorium’s orchestra level are fully accessible for patrons with mobility issues:
- Wheelchair spaces and companion seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis for all general-admission films and live events.
- For reserved-seating events, please call the Box Office at (813) 274-8286 if you need assistance in choosing your seats.
- Many aisle seats are equipped with swing-away armrests to facilitate transfer from a wheelchair, and are marked with the International Symbol of Access. Please ask any Tampa Theatre employee if you need assistance in locating or operating those armrests.
- Accessible/companion restrooms are located in the rear of the auditorium on the orchestra level.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tampa Theatre does not have an elevator. The mezzanine and balcony levels are only accessible by stairs.
For our patrons with vision or hearing impairments:
- Assistive listening devices are available for all film screenings
- Audio description and closed-captioning devices are available for any film encoded with captions and audio narrative capacities
- Devices are available at the concessionss stand
- Thank you to an anonymous donor and the Florida Medical Clinic Foundation of Caring for the generous gifts that helped Tampa Theatre acquire this technology!
Box Office Hours add remove
The Franklin Street Box Office is open from 10:00-6:00pm Monday-Friday. Evenings and weekends, the Box Office opens when doors open for the first show and will remain open until a half-hour after the last show starts.
PLEASE NOTE: Film and event tickets may also be purchased online, but we do not take ticket orders over the phone.
24 Hour Information Hotline
Ticketing and Admissions Policies add remove
The official policy of Tampa Theatre is that there are no ticket refunds. Do not order tickets unless you are certain you want them. Before purchasing tickets, it is your responsibility to carefully review your seat location, event, and performance date. For questions, please get in touch with the Box Office team at email@example.com or (813) 274-8286.
Tampa Theatre’s child ticket policy is that children under 3 are free for general-seating events. For reserved seating events, everybody needs a ticket — including infants and toddlers — to enter the theatre.
Some events may not be appropriate for children due to content, duration or atmosphere, and we leave discretion to the parent or guardian on attending. We encourage parents and guardians to research the theme and style of the artist or film in question by viewing publicly published examples (YouTube videos, Netflix specials, IMDB, etc.). If a tour or presenter restricts access based on age, that information will be listed on the applicable event page.
Delivery options on the shopping cart page will vary by event.
- If you select, mobile or print-at-home delivery, your tickets will be delivered by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please open your confirmation email and click the View Ticket(s) button to view. If you do not receive the email, please check your SPAM folder. We recommend adding etix.com and tampatheatre.org as safe senders.
- If your tickets are to be “held at will call,” they will be at the venue box office at the time of performance. We also allow you to pick up your order at the box office in advance of the show date to avoid the last-minute rush. To pick up will-call tickets, you must bring a photo ID. If you wish for your tickets to be held for someone else, please either contact the box office in advance of the event, or instruct your guest to bring a photocopy of your photo ID.
- If you opt for your tickets to be mailed, they will be sent out 30 days before the show date. In an effort to reduce ticket fraud, we only mail out physical tickets within a 100-mile radius. If you do not receive them, please contact Tampa Theatre 48 hours prior to the performance to ensure proper Tampa Theatre attention.
Postponement or Cancellation:
In the event that a performance is either cancelled or postponed, Tampa Theatre will attempt to contact every patron via e-mail with details on the status of the event, and inform you of any refund, credit, or exchange procedures. While Tampa Theatre regrets the inconvenience caused by these circumstances, we cannot be held responsible for any cost or damage such postponement or cancellation may incur. Refunds on tickets purchased are made for a cancelled events only. In the event of a postponement, the event promoter is charged with making the final determination of refund availability. Similarly, the conduct of events and performances for tickets purchased is the sole responsibility of the events’ organizers and venue operators, Tampa Theatre cannot be held responsible or liable for injuries, loss or damages incurred by patrons while attending these events.
Ticket Buyer Beware:
Online ticket sales for Tampa Theatre events are handled exclusively by eTix. There are many third-party websites offering to resell tickets to shows at Tampa Theatre, often at an inflated price. These sites are tricky, and will mimic the look and feel of our website (how rude!). For the best available seats — at the originally advertised price — and to reduce the risk of fraud, purchase your tickets directly through our official website (TampaTheatre.org), or at the Box Office window.
Please note that only valid Tampa Theatre tickets will be honored at the door. Your order confirmation will only be delivered from eTix, our official ticketing provider, with the email address email@example.com
If you do purchase through a 3rd party, you risk the possibility of the tickets not being valid, and admission could be denied. When in doubt, please give our Box Office team a call.
All patrons purchasing tickets from Tampa Theatre must do so in the light of the above terms and limitations.
Weapons and prohibited items policy:
In accordance with Florida state law, weapons of any kind (including but not limited to firearms, knives of any size, explosives, and pepper spray or mace containers) are prohibited at Tampa Theatre.
Prohibited items include oversized bags and backpacks, video cameras, laser pointers, noise makers, weapons, and illegal drugs. We do not allow any outside food or beverage.
Please be aware that all persons entering the venue and their belongings are subject to search, including bag check and metal detectors. Tampa Theatre management or event promoter may also prohibit any other items deemed dangerous or unacceptable at any time.
Where To Sit add remove
Thanks to Tampa Theatre’s recent reseating – its first in 40 years – ALL of the majestic movie palace’s 1,200+ seats are cushy, comfortable and (for the first time ever) equipped with cupholders. But depending on your unique seating needs, there may be some seats you’ll find more appropriate than others:
LONG LEGS: Seating on the orchestra (first-floor) level was recently expanded to include an additional six inches of leg room per row, whereas the mezzanine and balcony levels maintain their somewhat snug 1926 spacing.
LOTS OF SNACKS: Seats in the mezzanine section (the front part of the balcony) are now equipped with small bistro tables between every other seat with plenty of space to park your popcorn and tuck your Twizzlers.
FAMILY FRIENDLY: One of the new seating options added during the recent restoration are two plush banquettes mid-way up the balcony. Each of the couch-like benches spans an entire row, and a center divider marks what is inteded to be seating for four adults. It’s the perfect spot for families with young kids who might want to stretch out and take a snooze while the grown-ups enjoy the rest of the movie. (Note: the banquettes are available on a first-come, first-served basis for general admission events, and must be purchased in blocks of four for reserved-seating events.)
DATE NIGHT: The back rows of the balcony have been the setting for stolen kisses and snuggling under the stars for more than 95 years. Just keep it PG, please…
Concessions add remove
Tampa Theatre’s concessions stand offers a wide variety of movie snacks and a full bar, including:
- The best popcorn you’ll ever have (no, seriously!)
- Movie-sized candy
- Salami and cheese trays
- Coca-Cola products
- Coffee and hot tea
- Bottled water
- Draft and bottled beer
- Wine by the glass
- Single-mixer and signature cocktails
Downtown Dining Options add remove
CLICK HERE for the Tampa Downtown Partnership’s dining guide, which includes eateries in downtown Tampa and nearby Channelside and Harbor Island. Locally owned restaurants within walking distance of Tampa Theatre include:
Bamboozle Café — (813) 223-7320
Bavaro’s Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria — (813) 868-4440
Bizou Brasserie (inside Le Meridien Hotel) — (813) 227-9555
CW’s Gin Joint — (813) 816-1446
Duckweed Urban Market — (813) 221-3825
Eddie & Sam’s NY Pizza — (813) 463-1600
Four Green Fields — (813) 254-4444
Kahwa Coffee Espresso Bar — 813-228-7900
Malio’s Prime Steak House — (813) 223-7746
Moxie’s Café — (813) 221-4510
Dio Modern Mediterranean —(813) 398-4000
Samaria Café — (813) 223-1674
Si-Am Thai — (813) 229-9710
SoFresh — (813) 999-1911
Spain Restaurant & Toma Bar — (813) 223-2831
Taco Bus — (813) 397-2800
Tampa Pizza Company — (813) 463-1600
TAPS Wine & Beer Merchants — (813) 463-1968
Urban Cantina — (813) 221-8226
Vale Food Co. — (813) 374-1370
Please also consider the locally-owned, independent restaurants & breweries that participate in our major fundraisers, Winefest and Beerfest. And please thank the owners, manager and staff for supporting Tampa Theatre!
7th + Grove — (813) 649-8422
7venth Sun Brewing — (813) 231-5900
Ava — (813) 512-3030
BarrieHaus Beer Co. — (813) 242-2739
Bastet Brewing — (813) 242-0064
Bavaro’s Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria — (813) 868-4440
Bouzy Bar — (813) 831-1117
Butter’s Burgers — (813)221-2500
C House — (813) 488-4813
Catch Twenty Three — (813) 920-0045
Ceviche — (727) 209-2299
Coppertail Brewing Co. — (813) 247-1500
Crooked Thumb Brewery — (727) 724-5953
Cru Cellars — (813) 831-1117
District South — (813) 999-8025
District Tavern — (813) 252-3444
Ella’s Folk Art Café — (813) 234-1000
Escape Brewing — (727) 807-6092
Florida Avenue Brewing Co. — (813) 990-7310
Funky Buddha Brewery — (954) 440-0046
Gangchu Chicken & Beer — (813) 723-4264
GenX Travern — (813) 694 7001
Gretchen’s Goodies — (813) 533-3771
Grillsmith — (813) 269-1500
Hidden Springs Ale Works — (813) 226-2739
King of the Coop — (813) 422-4222
Late Start Brewing — (813) 402-2923
Leaven Brewing — (813) 677-7023
Magnanimous Brewing — (813) 415-3671
Mise en Place — (813) 254-5373
Motorworks Brewing — (941) 567-6218
New World Brewery — (813) 304-0460
Oxford Exchange — (813) 253-0222
Pane Rustica — (813) 902-8828
Peterbrooke Chocolatier — (813) 585-1703
Shuffle — (813) 450-3797
Six Ten Brewing — (813) 886-0610
Southern Brewing & Winery — (813) 238-7800
Tampa Pizza Company — (813) 463-1600
The Eatery at Brew Bus — (813) 990-7310
The Independent Bar & Cafe — (813) 341-4883
The Mill — (813) 603-8786
The Pint & Brew — (813) 867-8804
Ulele — (813) 999.4952
Vinetage Wine Cellar — (813) 879-2931
Woven Water Brewing Company — (813) 443-9463
Yeoman’s Cask & Lion – (813) 224-9367
Looking for more to do while you’re in Tampa?
CLICK HERE to browse the best of Tampa Bay from our friends at Live. Work. Play.
Downtown Hotels add remove
Tampa Theatre patrons can take advantage of special discounted rates with our partner hotels (based on availability):
You can call our partner hotels and request the Tampa Theatre rate, or book discounted rooms online at:
- Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk
- Courtyard Tampa Downtown
- Floridan Palace Hotel
- Residence Inn Tampa Downtown
For nearby hotel locations and reservations, please visit HotelsCombined.com