Patron Services Representative (PT)
Resumes will not be reviewed or considered, unless accompanied by a Tampa Theatre Application. (See bottom of page)
This roles primary responsibility is operation of Tampa Theatre’s bar/ concession stand; along with all other operations as dictated by an event’s need. The below description is not all inclusive of responsibilities entailed in this position.
General description of responsibilities:
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and customer service-oriented environment for our patrons
- Ticket sales in the Tampa Theatre Box Office
- Serving as a Ticket Taker/ Greeter at the Tampa Theatre doors
- Concession Stand sales, cash handling, cleanliness, and equipment operation
- Beer, wine, and liquor sales and fulfillment (basic bar operations)
- Stocking and conducting weekly inventory of Concession Stand items
- Maintaining theatre and restroom cleanliness and standards
- Enforcing house safety policies and emergency procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Tampa Theatre Management
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of three months’ cash handling experience
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to climb stairs
- Comfortable standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to write and speak English fluently
- Strong math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a customer-centered environment
- Ability to consistently display a positive, friendly, and energetic attitude and appearance
- Must be available evenings, weekends and holidays
- Comfortable working in a small ticket booth for extended periods of time
Additional preferred (but not essential) qualifications:
- Background in retail, box office, or theater / event venue.
- Experience with Point of Sale systems
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Reports to: Anthony J Gonzalez (Senior House Manager)
This position has a starting hourly rate of $10.00. The employee will work 6-20 hours a week on a schedule that entails mainly evenings, weekends and holidays. Shift lengths range from 2-10 hour days. The exact schedule from week to week may vary depending on the Theatre’s event schedule.
If interested, fill out below application. Applications are accepted ONLINE ONLY. Phone calls and walk-ups will not be accepted.
Tampa Theatre’s policies and practices are consistent with all federal and state legislation. We take steps to promote equal opportunity in all aspects of employment for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, or veteran status.