OSCAR®-Nominated Documentary Short Films (2020)
ON THE BIG SCREEN!
Just in time for its 22nd annual Hollywood Awards Night celebration on Sunday, April 25, Tampa Theatre will once again partner with ShortsHD™ to present the popular OSCAR®-Nominated Documentary Short Films program:
- A Love Song for Latasha: A dreamlike portrait of a vibrant 15-year-old girl whose shooting death sparks the 1992 L.A. Riots USA / 18 min
- Do Not Split: The story of the 2019 Hong Kong protests, told through a series of demonstrations by local protestors that escalate into conflict when highly armed police appear on the scene. USA, Norway / 36 min
- Hunger Ward: Filmed from inside two of the most active therapeutic feeding centers in Yemen, Hunger Ward documents two female health care workers fighting to thwart the spread of starvation against the backdrop of a forgotten war. USA / 40 min
- Colette: Resistance took courage in Nazi-occupied France. 75 years later, facing one’s ghosts may take even more. France, Germany, USA / 24 min
- A Concerto Is a Conversation: A virtuoso jazz pianist and film composer tracks his family’s lineage through his 91-year-old grandfather from Jim Crow Florida to the Walt Disney Concert Hall. USA / 13 min
The Documentary Shorts Program is Not Rated, and is appropriate for adult audiences.
For your convenience and the health and safety of our Box Office attendants, please consider purchasing your tickets online by clicking your preferred show time at right.
STARS Help Tampa Theatre Reopen Safely