BACKYARD MOVIE-MAKERS VIRTUAL FILM CAMP
Tampa Theatre is proud to announce the newest element in its virtual Movie School program: a web-based Backyard Movie-Maker summer camp program for kids entering grades 3-12.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for four week-long (M-F), half-day sessions, each of which will lead campers through a hands-on filmmaking challenge:
- June 15-19 – Create a scene in the style of your favorite DIRECTOR
- June 22-26 – Create a scene in the style of your favorite ACTOR
- July 13-17 – Create your own FAMILY DOCUMENTARY FILM
- July 20-24 – Create a scene in the style of your favorite DIRECTOR
Over the course of the five days, campers will gather virtually as a large group for instruction, group games and activities; break into smaller groups with a dedicated counselor for shooting and editing tutorials; and have time to film on their own with counselors available for “office hours” if they have questions as they work. Families are encouraged to participate together, and each registration covers the entire household working together on their film project.
The morning session from 9:00am-noon is for students entering grades 3-7, and the afternoon session from 1:00-4:00pm is for those entering grades 6-12 (giving middle-school parents an opportunity to choose the better fit for their camper). Each session is $125 per household, and participation is capped at 32 families per session.
In order to participate fully, Backyard Moviemakers must have access to:
- Internet Connection
- Laptop/Desktop Computer or Tablet
- Zoom Video-conferencing (CLICK HERE for free download)
- Device with Video Capability (Cell Phone, iPad, Digital Camera, Computer with video, etc.)
- Editing Software on Computer, Phone, or Tablet
- Mac: iMovie
- Windows: Movavi (CLICK HERE for a free 7-day trial)
- Tons of imagination!
The Backyard Movie-Maker summer program is presented by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology and sponsored in part by TECO.