Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator (FT)
Résumés will not be reviewed or considered unless accompanied by a Tampa Theatre employment application; please scroll down to complete the form.
Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator
(Full Time) Job Description
Tampa Theatre is seeking a dynamic and creative Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator to collaborate closely with the Marketing Director in driving institutional visibility and audience engagement initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills, and a passion for maintaining consistent brand voice and imagery across various promotional platforms. As a Marketing Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in enhancing outreach efforts and contributing to the overall success of the organization.
Under general supervision, the Marketing Coordinator is required to exercise reasonable initiative and independent judgment in determining what, when and how best serve the communication needs of the Theatre. Tact and courtesy are expected, as the position often requires higher-level executive, board, and member interaction skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to develop and execute marketing strategies that align with the organization’s goals and objectives
- Coordinate and support the creation of compelling digital and printed marketing materials, including (but not limited to) pre-show slide show, marquee message boards, lobby screens and weekly schedule flyer
- Oversee email marketing timeline and strategy that promotes and engages patrons, members and donors
- Compile and edit pre-show trailer packages and work with projection team to ensure proper delivery and presentation
- Assist in organizing and participating in community events and promotional activities to enhance brand visibility and engagement
- Stay updated with industry trends and emerging marketing technologies to suggest innovative approaches for audience engagement
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing Director and senior leadership team
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced ability to professionally represent Tampa Theatre and exercise independent judgment in determining what, when and how to affect communications
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal skills to a wide variety of stakeholders and demonstrate a strong command of English grammar, composition, and punctuation
- Working knowledge of basic design and video editing skills (Adobe Creative Cloud preferred)
- Experience in social media and digital marketing strategies, with conviction and ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods and approaches
- Eagerness to participate as a member of a passionate team made up of diverse, creative individuals; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other team members, community partners, board of directors, and patrons
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality, accountability, dependability and common sense
- Aptitude for strategic and pragmatic decision making; ability to recognize and integrate changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and advocate for change as needed within the areas of responsibility
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Self-confidence; willingness to stand up on principle and present sound analysis and business cases to support views; ability to utilize reason and judgement, demonstrate flexibility, and build consensus where appropriate
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines; time management and organizational skills; talent for multi-tasking is imperative
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Passion for the arts, an eye for design, and the ability to think about a comprehensive brand for Tampa Theatre
- Ability to keep consistent office hours, plus additional evening and weekend work based on the show schedule
- Experience in entertainment/venue industry is a plus
- Starting annual salary of $45,000
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, AD&D, 401k match
- Complimentary movie admission for employee and family
- All the popcorn you can hold
Reports to: Jill Witecki – Vice President, Director of Marketing & Community Relations
Applications are accepted online only. Phone calls and walk-ups will not be accepted.
Tampa Theatre’s policies and practices are consistent with all federal and state legislation. We take steps to promote equal opportunity in all aspects of employment for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, or veteran status.
Tampa Theatre Employment Application (1)